During his 11-year term as President of Midway College, a small private liberal arts school in Kentucky, William B. Drake, Jr. accomplished significant results, including a tripled enrollment and endowment, a masters level change with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS), and expanded the campus while adding no long-term debt.
With the help of his resourceful spirit of leadership, the college recorded the greatest enrollment growth in its history and expanded its mission in serving more students in need of a special, nurturing environment. Prior to leading Midway College to significant growth, Dr. Drake served as the Vice President for Development at two institutions and was directly responsible for raising in excess of 100 million dollars over a ten-year period.
Dr. Drake currently serves as the Senior Vice President for Accreditation with Emerge Education. He provides a unique set of services to ensure that institutions meet reaffirmation guidelines or deliberatively move off of probation or warning statuses with SACS. Additionally, Dr. Drake serves as a Trustee of Sweet Briar College in Virginia, where he provides significant leadership to the board and administration.
He is a Member of the Registry of College and University Presidents and served as a Trustee for the Commission on Colleges, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (2009-2012). He served on over 25 SACSCOC Committees and 15 National Accreditation Committees and was a member of the Executive Committee of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics and the Women’s College Coalition.
- 1987, Doctor of Ministry, Lexington Theological Seminary
- 1981, Master of Divinity, Lexington Theological Seminary
- 1978, Bachelor of Arts Degree, Biology, Transylvania University
- President’s Distinguished Alumni Award, 2010
Commonwealth of Kentucky
- Governor’s Distinguished Award for Service, 2007
Republic of China
- President’s Leadership Award, Private School Culture and Education Association, 2005
Challenge Coins (Military Recognition for Service)
- Major General Donald Storm, 2005
- Brigadier General John Heizel, 2009
- Sergeant Major Donald Sipe, 2006
Areas of Expertise/Interest
- Financial Planning
- Higher Education Administration
- Public Relations
- Client Success