Irene has more than 15 years of experience in public and private accounting at the executive level within the corporate structure.
Her diverse background includes experience in corporate tax, internal controls, GAAP and SOX compliance, and a solid business acumen. Irene will be part of the executive team at Emerge Education, providing expertise and guidance in the areas of finance, reporting, and internal controls. She has prior Board experience as an advisor, tax analyst, and Human Resource generalist for Big Brothers Big Sisters of Bath/Brunswick, Maine, and held a non-voting seat on the Board of Directors as the Chair of the Supervisory Committee at Atlantic Regional Federal Credit Union, Brunswick, Maine.
- 1996, Bachelor of Science, Public Accounting, Husson University
- Graduated Husson University with High Distinction
- 2001-2004, Treasurer, Board of Directors, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Bath/Brunswick
- 2004-2010, Chair, Supervisory Committee, Atlantic Regional Federal Credit Union, Brunswick, Maine
Areas of Expertise/Interest
- Strategic Planning
- Internal Control Development and Implementation
- Financial Reporting