Kim leads the business development and growth strategies for Emerge. His professional tenure includes a wealth of experience in higher education.
As the former Executive VP for Strategic Partnerships for Comcourse and Executive VP for Business Development at Embanet Corporation, he directed sales and business development activities and was responsible for the day-to-day management of regional sales directors, developed and implemented a corporate sales strategy, increased the sales and business development pipeline, and guided the sales presentation and proposal processes.
Earlier in his career, he served as the president of the Educational Resources Group (ERG) that was part of the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education. The group’s mission was to provide lifelong learning opportunities and meet the educational needs of place-bound learners, under-served communities, non-traditional students, and rural Pennsylvanians.
Kim’s other leadership successes have come in state government, finance, consultation and business development.
- PA Rural Leadership Certificate, Pennsylvania State University, 1986
- B.S., Education, Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania, 1976
- Two-Term County Commissioner, Bedford County, Pennsylvania
- Founder’s Award, Pennsylvania State Association of Township Supervisors
- National Co-Chair, Decennial Census Committee
- Executive Director, Pennsylvania Sound Land Use Initiative
Areas of Expertise/Interest
- Strategic Partnerships
- Higher Education Administration
- Online Education Management
- Business Strategy