Michael S. Murchie is a Senior Vice President for M&T Bank Corporation and responsible for M&T’s Commercial Specialty Businesses which includes bank wide responsibility for the following businesses: Investment Banking; Asset Based Finance; Commercial Equipment Finance; Healthcare; Not for Profit; Government Banking; Financial Institutions; National; International Trade Finance and Private Equity. In addition, Michael is a member of many committees at M&T including the bank’s Senior Loan Committee, Maryland Manager’s Loan Committee and Executive Sponsor of the
Relationship Enhancement Committee.
Prior to Michael’s current role, he was a Regional President for over ten years for M&T Bank leading M&T Bank’s Pennsylvania’s Community Banking initiative in the Central and Western regions (which includes Harrisburg, Carlisle, Chambersburg, Altoona and Pittsburgh), and also directing Commercial Banking operations in those regions.
Furthermore, Mike had oversight responsibilities for M&T’s Community Banking and Commercial Banking efforts in its Northern Pennsylvania Region (which includes State
College, Williamsport, Wilkes- Barre, Scranton and Pottsville)
Mike received a Bachelor’s of Arts from Williams College, cum laude and a Master’s of Business Administration with a concentration in Finance from the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business.
He began his banking career with M&T Bank in Buffalo, N.Y. in 1991 as a commercial real estate lender. He relocated to Portland, Oregon in 1996 to launch M&T Bank’s commercial real estate operation in the Pacific Northwest. While in Oregon, he became a founding member of the Portland Affordable Housing Trust.
In 2001, Mike relocated to Harrisburg, Pa to lead the Commercial Real Estate Lending team in Pennsylvania. In 2002, he became President of the Southern Pennsylvania region (now known as the Central and Western Pennsylvania region).
Mike is also active in the community including:
- Board Member of the Public-Private Partnership Transportation Board.
- Past Board Member of the DREAM Partnership Board.
- Vice Chairman of the United Ways Annual Campaign for 2013
- Board Member of the Pinnacle Health System
- Governance Committee Member Pinnacle Health System
- Past Chair of Corporate Gifts Committee Pinnacle Health Foundation
- Executive Leadership Team American Heart Association
- Active in fund raising for community organizations including Easter Seals and the Pinnacle Foundation
- Past Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Harrisburg Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Past Chairman and current member of the Board of Directors for the Whitaker Center for Science and the Arts