The Story Behind the Big Book of Online MBAs
The number of online MBAs in the U.S. grew from just under 90 in 2011 to more than 470 in late September 2017. This is an amazing growth story with significant implications for many different audiences.
- opened up a large, new audience of prospective students for MBA programs competing in a well-established and profitable degree category
- allowed working adults to complete an MBA and improve their career prospects without having to leave their jobs
- online MBA programs had to work hard to prove that online education was equal in value to traditional face-to-face education
- universities faced resistance to change among those who were an integral part of the critical path to success for delivering online education
And the current market faces:
- crippling amounts of choice in program options that makes shopping for the right program very time-intensive and confusing for prospective students
- skyrocketing advertising costs and strong competition in a cluttered advertising space
Why This Book Is For You
Responding constructively to the current challenges in this market raises questions that conventional data simply cannot answer. This is why we created the Online Degree Database. Prospective MBA students will appreciate the first-ever published directory of online MBA programs, sorted by state. And administrators and faculty at universities with online MBAs will appreciate the power of data to address the competitive environment today.
This book is for anyone that wants to:
- learn more about the online MBA degree market from a source that is unbiased and complete
- consider entering the online MBA market and is looking for opportunity, if it still exists
- improve the competitiveness of an online MBA program
- research the market to see if there are opportunities for concentrations or program features that will enhance an existing program
The Big Book of Online MBAs the product of thousands of hours of research, organized by a seasoned expert in online degree research.
The Online Degree Database
The Online Degree Database is the only independent and comprehensive source of information about online degree programs available today. The database contains program details from the universe of online master’s degree programs in the U.S. The data are collected from university websites by highly-trained individuals who capture program details through a uniform process in a relational database. Data from the National Center for Education Statistics (IPEDS) and U.S. News & World Report rankings are also included the database. This allows for a robust, comparative view of programs for prospective students and interested parties in the business of delivering higher education to these students.
This book also includes a Directory of Online MBA programs with the key attributes of each of the 470 online MBA programs in the database. This directory contains institution & program name, state, 2018 US News & World Report Best Colleges ranking, total tuition, and delivery modality for each online MBA program in the U.S.
For more information about online MBAs and for details on other popular online programs, visit our website! If you have additional or updated data about an online MBA program that you would like to share, please contact me at email@example.com.