Call Center Manager
Emerge Education has an immediate opening on our growing team for a Call Center Manager supporting our partner higher education institutions under the general direction of the SVP of Client and Student Operations. This position is responsible for helping to structure and implement an always-evolving, client-specific contact strategy, including outbound calls, emails and text messages, while exercising discretion and independent judgment with respect to a prospective or enrolled student’s unique needs.
The Call Center Manager may also have occasion to interact independently with department heads and executives at our client institutions, requiring this person to think professionally and strategically to further the interests of the company. The employee acts at all times as a trusted consultant to enrolled and prospective students on behalf of our client institutions, adapting their approach and responses with professionalism as needed as issues arise during a call. He or she will be handling a variety of important functions, providing answers, insights, information and assistance throughout the student lifecycle.
Location: Camp Hill, PA
Dependent upon cyclical staffing levels, the person in this position must work collaboratively to train and assist other call center personnel or contracted vendors whenever necessary and appropriate as business conditions dictate.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the Call Center Manager.
- Maintain a general working knowledge of the Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and its relevance to call center operations
- Initiate outbound and receive inbound phone calls and send text messages and email
- Remain current on all aspects of the admissions process, academic offerings, and financial aid opportunities of the partners
- Generate weekly, monthly and yearly reports as requested
- Work under stress and achieve daily, weekly, and yearly goals
- Leverage data and insights gathered in the call center to recommend and influence process-improvement opportunities
- Research and recommend creative solutions to strengthen and improve the structure of our student communication initiatives
- Travel to partner locations to attend client meetings, campus events and other functions as needed
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to spend extensive time on the telephone
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Effective problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to concentrate and use independent reasoning and good judgment
- Ability to establish and achieve priorities in the work environment
- Ability to recognize and comply with appropriate task deadlines
- Well-organized and detail-orientated
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this particular job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Use the telephone for extended periods of time
- To have hand and arm (or equivalent) dexterity adequate to allow for extensive use of a keyboard for data entry
- To talk and hear with enough proficiency to allow for communicating with co-workers, clients, and existing and prospective students by phone or in person
- Associate’s Degree and related experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and related experience