Our company is in need of a talented Content Specialist to join our Marketing team to create compelling blog posts, white papers, social media content, web copy and more. We are looking for someone who will help us expand our digital footprint with quality writing pieces that appeal to our audiences, attract students, increase lead volume and boost brand awareness. This person will manage editorial calendars as well as relationships with clients and content partners.
The ideal candidate should have a proven track record of producing pieces that incorporate thorough industry-related research to increase engagement and drive leads. This position requires a high level of creativity, as well as the ability to use data-driven insights to write increasingly better material. The successful candidate should also be detail-oriented and committed to meeting tight deadlines. Preference will be given to those with a strong writing portfolio, bachelor’s degree and relevant work experience.
Location: Camp Hill, PA
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the Content Specialist.
- Create and edit content marketing campaigns to drive leads including, but not limited to: email, social media posts, blog articles and white papers
- Use SEO best-practices to generate traffic
- Identify clients’ needs and gaps in our content and recommend new topics
- Conduct in-depth research on industry-related topics
- Collaborate with Creative Marketing Manager on supporting creative elements
- Assist in development and direction of content strategy
- Develop and manage short- and long-term content calendar (6-12 months)
- Manage vendor content (i.e. topics, direction, placement, etc.)
- Support regular analytics to track content performance against defined KPIs and implement learnings to optimize content
- Lead email marketing program including creation of client templates
- Partner with clients and educational partners to provide content for email, bulletins, social media, etc.
- Participate in strategy meetings with team as well as with clients
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven experience as a content writer or similar role
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills in English
- Portfolio of published work
- Ability to understand how content strategy fits into overall marketing strategy
- Hands-on CMS and email marketing platform experience
- Experience conducting subject matter and keyword research
- Ability to multi-task and manage simultaneous project deadlines
- Understanding of SEO best-practices preferred
- Experience working with clients and outside partners a plus
- Proven ability to collaborate, build consensus and work effectively within and across departments
- High energy with a good sense of humor welcome
- Storytelling and creativity a plus
- Interest in continually learning
- Ok with switching between projects on a dime to address shifting priorities
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this particular job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Use the telephone for extended periods of time
- To have hand and arm (or equivalent) dexterity adequate to allow for extensive use of a keyboard for data entry
- To talk and hear with enough proficiency to allow for communicating with co-workers, clients, and existing and prospective students by phone or in-person
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Marketing, Communications/PR or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in content development/writing of marketing materials
- Master’s degree in English, Marketing, Communications/PR or related field
- Experience working in the higher education field