Student Success Coach
has an immediate opening on our growing team for a Student Success Coach supporting our partner higher education institutions under the general direction of the SVP of Client and Student Operations. This position supports current students through bachelors, masters, doctoral and certificate programs to achieve the highest levels of student satisfaction and retention. The Student Success Coach becomes an extension of our higher education clients to communicate expertly about our partner programs with students from across the country, listening and learning about their interesting life stories and backgrounds, and leveraging each relationship to motivate students to complete their programs of study.
Location: Camp Hill, PA
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the Student Success Coach.
- Achieve retention targets while maintaining a commitment to the ideal student experience
- Assist students with the enrollment and registration process throughout their program
- Follow and help evolve best practices in retention activities, including engagement checks and calls, welcome calls and webinars, rapport calls, assessing risk factors and when to call versus email, etc.
- Proactive communication with students using telephone, email and text messaging
- Develop early student engagement with online tools and support services
- Look for efficiencies to improve student retention and/or the student experience
- Record student data accurately and efficiently on our Salesforce CRM system
- Maintain a general working knowledge of the Federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and its relevance to retention practices
- Travel to partner locations to attend client meetings, campus events and other functions as needed
- Requires the ability to work a flexible schedule, weekends, evenings to accommodate student, departmental and company needs
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to spend extensive time on the telephone
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
- Effective problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to concentrate and use independent reasoning and good judgment
- Ability to establish and achieve priorities in the work environment
- Ability to recognize and comply with appropriate task deadlines
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this particular job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Use the telephone for extended periods of time
- To have hand and arm (or equivalent) dexterity adequate to allow for extensive use of a keyboard for data entry
- To talk and hear with enough proficiency to allow for communicating with co-workers, clients, and existing and prospective students by phone or in person
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years of sales experience in higher education or retention
- Knowledge of or past experience in higher education and/or retention