Prepare your institution for accreditation and reaffirmation with Emerge Education.
Does your institution need to prepare for accreditation or reaffirmation? We understand the burden these processes place on institutions, their staff, and faculty and are thrilled to be a trusted partner in providing the guidance necessary to help your institution secure the benefits of accreditation. Through our review auditing and consulting services, Emerge Education is a leading assurance partner for colleges and universities seeking initial licensure, state approval, state authorization, and regional or specialized accreditation. Our team members can provide the guidance necessary to help your institution secure the benefits of regional accreditation, including security for student financial aid programs, improved prospects for credit transfer, and public recognition of your college or university’s quality. We consult on every aspect of accreditation, and can assist with:
Professional counsel on accreditation and guidance on accreditation-related issues, including assistance with self-studies, substantive change proposals, institutional responses, and findings of non-compliance.
- Strategic planning and the integration of planning with budgeting, financial forecasting, assessment, and accreditation processes.
- Curriculum development and professional program reviews (including market demand studies, business planning, and instructional cost and capacity studies).
- New program feasibility studies for accreditors, donors, and internal stakeholders and shareholders.
- Strategic financial analysis and forecasting using the Fiscal Fitness Index, which can predict institutional crisis and closure with a 94% validated reliability rate
Emerge team members will guide your institution through the intense assessment and quality improvement work necessary to build strong systems that inspire accreditor confidence.
Emerge also provides consultation to institutions facing accreditation actions for failure to properly document and report that they are meeting standards.
We work with many institutions seeking accreditation eligibility or pursuing reaffirmation of accreditation from regional, national, specialized, and programmatic accreditors, including:
- The Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
- The Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
- The New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE)
- The Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU)
- The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council of Colleges (SACSCOC)
- The Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC) Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC)
- The Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC)
- The Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS)
- The Accrediting Council for Continuing Education and Training (ACCET)
- Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS) Accreditation Commission
Our accreditation solutions include a comprehensive and detailed gap analysis, which allows us to see how far from or how close to accreditation your institution really is. Our reports include all costs, a detailed timetable to candidacy and full accreditation, document maps and inventories, and an in-depth comparison of accreditor standards and current institutional capacity. Additionally, we can hold training workshops for your team to be equipped with the right tools and guidance for each step of the process.
Emerge Education can also assist your institution to become eligible for state degree-granting authority. This is the minimum condition of eligibility for all institutions of higher education seeking accreditation for their degree-granting programs.
Need to navigate the process of Public Sanction in order to return your institution to good standing? Our team can assist your institution to:
- Understand the nature of accreditation as a peer-supported system of quality assurance that is used by state and federal agencies to determine an institution’s quality and qualification for various forms of aid
- Measure a new college or university’s readiness to pursue regional or national accreditation eligibility
- Assist a college or university to prepare its first application and self-study in anticipation of full accreditation
- Meet the exacting demands of regional and national accreditors through mission assessment, policy audits, gap analyses, process development, and assistance with preparation of self-studies and other assurance reports
- Build a budgeting and strategic finance infrastructure which will afford the institution stability and sustainability while meeting the expectations of national, regional and specialized accreditors and state and federal agencies
Meet our Accreditation Expert
Dr. Gerard O’Sullivan
Dr. O’Sullivan serves as Emerge Education’s Senior VP for Accreditation and Compliance. Dr. O’Sullivan holds a Ph.D. from The University of Pennsylvania, a master’s degree from Vanderbilt University and the baccalaureate degree, summa, from Fordham University. He is also a graduate of Harvard University’s Institute for Educational Management.
For almost thirty years, Dr. O’Sullivan has served independent higher education in roles of increasing responsibility, from faculty member and program director through Dean, Vice President for Academic Affairs, and then Provost. He has written or co-written numerous self-study reports, interim and periodic review reports, and progress and monitoring reports. Dr. O’Sullivan has also served as an accreditation visitor, team chair, report reader, and consultant to state and federal agencies on matters critical to independent higher education. He has published articles in Change: The Magazine of Higher Education and Dean & Provost, among others.
Ready to prepare your institution for accreditation or reaffirmation? Drop us a line – our team is looking forward to working with you!